I feel really accomplished putting this post up – the blog’s been a bit neglected, but I’m down for the count with pneumonia, so curling up on the couch has allowed me a bit more computer time than normal. So with that, I present to you: Avocado pudding. Yup… Avocado pudding. Now, you’re likely thinking “What? Ew, that’s gross”, but trust me it’s great and you’d never guess that avocados are the main ingredients. This recipe even got the full Dad seal of approval (and from the guy who normally hates ‘hippy’ food). While I like that this recipe is healthy for you, I really enjoy that it’s super fast and easy to make! So let’s get to this dessert recipe.
- 1 Avocado
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I LOVE bulk barn’s cocoa powder)
- 4 tbsp vanilla almond milk (normal milk or water would also work, just add in a ½ tsp of vanilla)
- 2 big pinches of sea salt
- Pit and section out your avocado
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor (I have a mini one from Walmart that I bought for $15 and it’s great!) and blend until smooth
- Serve at room temperature or chill before serving
This recipe can also be doubled if your making it for more people. I’m also interested in making this again to make fudgesicles. Also thanks to fellow Canadians ladies from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry for this tasty recipe.
If anyone dishes up this healthy treat, let me know what you think!