I tasted this salad the other night while out for dinner at McNally Robinson’s restaraunt “Prairie Ink” (a great local place with great ambiance and occasionally vibrant live music) and decided that I had to try making it at home. After a quick trip to Sobey’s, I was armed with my ingredients and ready to recreate this delicious, fresh and light salad.
- 3 cups Green leaf lettuce
- 2-3 tbsp Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- 2-3 tbsp Pecans (toasted & chopped)
- 1/2 cup Pear – can be fresh or canned – I used a fresh winter pear (cubed)
- 3-4 tbsp of homemade Blueberry Vinaigrette
Serve into a big bowl and enjoy a light and healthy meal. I also think this salad would be great served with a side of honey glazed chicken or even salmon.