Well it’s sad to say, but Bob and I haven’t blogged in over a month (and largely Bob’s been steering the blog ship with more recent posts – thanks Bob). But we’ve both been busy just soaking up life, getting our hands dirty with our careers and our photography/videography businesses, but last weekend we did have a enough time to get in a sibling wild boar hunt. Yup, you heard correctly, a wild boar hunt. Bob was behind the camera recording an episode for Maximus Outdoor TV and I was behind my new archery bow. The hunt was successful with a large boar (click HERE if you want to see a photo) and when you put in work into providing your own meat, along with the guidance from our outfitter Wild Boar Adventures, you really want to make sure you follow up with a delicious tasting meal. So let’s get to it, because this recipe is exactly that!buy provigil online no prescription
- ¼ cup canola oil
- One wild boar shoulder (or any bone cut of meat)
- 12 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 8 star anise pods
- 3 whole cloves
- Two 4-inch cinnamon sticks
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- In a very large skillet, heat the oil. Add the boar in a single layer and cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. A nice crust in the browning stage allows for great texture in the completed dish.
- Transfer the boar to a large enameled cast-iron casserole or Dutch oven.
- Add the garlic, star anise, cloves and cinnamon sticks to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the water, soy sauce, kecap manis and sugar and scrape up any bits stuck to the pan.
- Pour the liquid into the casserole and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, partially covered, until the meat is tender and nearly falling off the bone, about 2 hours; turn the shanks occasionally.
- Transfer the boar to shallow bowls and strain the broth. Spoon off as much fat as possible.
- Serve the boar with rice and cilantro and spoon some of the fragrant broth on top.
Enjoy this recipe and I’m looking forward to doing some more hunting and cooking up wild game!buy klonopin without prescription