Continuing on with grilled peaches, I present the perfect summer dessert! Warm peaches, sweet honey, vanilla ice cream, candied walnuts, and fresh herbs, does it get any better!? I don’t know! But if it does, I can hardly imagine the glory!
The fact that this dessert is not only super simple, but super delicious, makes it a big winner in my books! It’s summer. You want to relax, have some drinks, chat with friends. Not slave away over a dessert all day!
- 1 peach
- olive oil
- small handful of walnuts
- brown sugar
- peach juice
- vanilla ice cream
- lemon balm (herb)
- chocolate mint (herb)
- Preheat the barbecue on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Over a bowl, slice your peach in half, and separate from stone, brush each half with oil.
- While barbecue is heating, begin preparing candied walnuts.
- Toss a handful of walnuts into a pan on medium heat, cooking until beginning to lightly brown and roast.
- Sprinkle a couple pinches of brown sugar, and a generous pinch of salt over the walnuts.
- Add drippings from peach. If you don’t have any drippings from the peach, just add a splash of water, adding enough to allow the sugar to melt and coat the walnuts.
- Cook until beginning to brown, then remove from heat.
- Once barbecue is preheated, turn to medium heat, and place peaches on the grill.
- Grill peaches for about 10 minutes, until grill marks form.
- Remove from grill, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve peach topped with vanilla ice cream, chopped candied nuts, a drizzle of honey, and freshly chopped chocolate mint (herb), and lemon balm (herb).
- You can also use regular mint leaves, and lemon zest in place of chocolate mint and lemon balm.
That’s it! A delicious, easy to make summer dessert, that will surely please your barbecue patrons!