This recipe begins something like this:
“Nooooooo Megan!” I shout, as my girlfriend reaches into the Sobey’s refrigerator, pulling out a box of *gasp* frozen chicken strips!
“Put the box down, step away from the refrigerator!”
Having just walked past the chicken breast, I promptly suggested we (/I) make some homemade chicken strips, rather than those nasty frozen ones! Crisis averted, I grabbed some real chicken and tossed it in the cart!
The next day, I find myself alone in the kitchen, tossing together some panko and parmesan, cooking and enjoying the delicious, non-freezer burnt, “I know what’s in them” tender chicken strips! Of course Megan did join for the eating part!
- .3 kg (.66lbs) chicken breast
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- canola oil
- Cut chicken breast into about 8-10 even strips.
- On a plate, combine panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Get a pan on medium heat with enough canola oil to coat the bottom.
- Spread flour on a plate, and evenly coat all of your chicken strips.
- In a bowl, scramble your egg, dipping the chicken until evenly coated.
- Lastly, roll your chicken in the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Once the pan is heated, add in chicken strips, cooking about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides. If necessary add more canola oil after your flip the chicken strips.