What better way to end this month of amazing grilled cheese sandwiches, than by taking a moment to remember what brought us here: the amazing combination of cheese, butter, bread, and a hot pan. So simple, so glorious! It’s only fitting that we bid adieu to National Grilled Cheese Month with that wonderful sandwich that started it all: The Classic Grilled Cheese.
- 2 slices of french bread
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Get a pan on medium heat.
- Butter each side of your bread.
- Place cheese on the bottom slice and form sandwich.
- Place in pan and fry until golden brown on each side.
Thank you to everyone who left comments, liked a facebook post, shared a sandwich, pinned, tweeted, etc. etc. This celebration of National Grilled Cheese Month has been a GREAT success and I hope I have inspired you to go out and make a grilled cheese at least once!
Long Live the Grilled Cheese!