Three Italian deli meats, three Italian cheeses, boy was I looking forward to this! The spicy meat, balanced by tons of cheese oozing everywhere, the bite of red onion, tang of red wine vinaigrette, and notes of tomato throughout, all I’ve gotta say it Buon appetito! I felt like an Italian eating this one!
This also starts a mini series of geographically inspired grilled cheese! We have already had some grilled cheeses inspired by traditional regional cuisine (spanakopita, poutine, etc.) but now you can look forward toward The Mexican, The Montreal, The German, The Greek, & The Cuban! It’s gonna be a tasty week!
- 2 Slices french bread
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- pinch of oregano, thyme, & garlic powder.
- 1 Tbsp of Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Tsp of Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 3 Slices of Calabrese Salami
- 3 Slices of Capocollo Ham
- 3 Slices of Pepper Salami
- sundried tomatoes
- ½ slice of red onion
- 3 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 tsp tomato sauce
- In a mixing bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Get a pan on medium heat.
- Brush olive oil on the outside of each slice of bread.
- Brush the inside of each slice with your red wine vinaigrette.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese and a teaspoon of parmesan cheese on bottom slice.
- Layer sandwich meat, sprinkle on some sundried tomatoes, place onions & mozzarella cheese on sandwich, and spread tomato sauce on top slice.
- Fry sandwich in a covered pan until golden brown on each side.