What’s more Halloween than making dip out of pumpkin, and stuffing it inside of a pumpkin? Nothing! That’s what!
When Carlene and I agreed to do a Halloween segment on CTV Morning Live, we both thought it would be great to do recipes that were very “Halloween”, but would be equally appropriate served to a group of kids, yet not too childish that you couldn’t make them for a group of adults! I think we found a great middle ground, so let’s get to the dip!
Caramelized Onion, Bacon, & Pumpkin Dip
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp green onions chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped caramelized onions
- 2 sage leaves chopped
- 1-2 sprigs of thyme
- 4 tbsp chopped bacon
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan on medium heat, add 4 slices of bacon, cooking until crispy, remove to paper towel, chopping into bits once cooled.
- Reduce pan heat to medium-low, adding a whole chopped white onion along with the sage and thyme into your pan, cooking in the bacon drippings until caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- While bacon and onions are cooking, combine your pumpkin, sour cream, cream cheese, green onions, jalapeno, and lemon juice.
- Once everything has finished cooking, add in the bacon and onions, seasoning with salt & pepper to taste, adding a splash of lemon juice if desired as well.
- Serve in a bowl or small pumpkin, with chips and crackers.
There ya go! One step closer to having an epic Halloween party! Speaking of Halloween, what’s your guilty pleasure Halloween candy? Anyone ever buy a box post-October sale candy, and eat it all by themselves? Yeah, I haven’t either…