Нічого собі, що все дуже смачно! Whoops… sorry, this grilled cheese was so delicious in a traditional fashion that I started to speak ukrainian! It’s filled with all the delightful ingredients perogies are made from – potatoes, cheddar cheese, green onions and sour cream and then made even better by being assembled in a grilled cheese. I don’t want to brag too much but this GC was seriously awesome! I think Bob should watch his back…..there is a new Grilled Cheese Artist in town! Let’s get to this Ukrainian inspired recipe..
**Watch us make this grilled cheese on live television!**
Perogy Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of French bread
- Butter room temperature for the bread
- 1/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 2 tbsp caramelized onions
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and salt/pepper. This creates your perogy filling.
- Spread your perogy filling on one slice of bread, allowing it to be nice and thick.
- Top the perogy filling with the green onions and caramelized onions.
- Finish with putting on the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Butter both sides of your bread and grill over low to medium heat until a nice crust develops on both sides the bread. To make it extra melty, cover with a lid while cooking.
- Slice in half, serve with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!
Everyone should try this recipe. Seriously amazing. Don’t be afraid to try different varieties of perogies either – toss in some bacon, sauerkraut, sausage… don’t limit yourself. Just indulge. Then go for a walk after….seriously this bad boy perogy grilled cheese doesn’t mess around.