My family has always been big on leftovers, and as a result I embrace the ability to re-purpose yesterdays meal into something new and delicious! More often than not, it’s something simple like a sandwich or quesadilla, but depending on what you’re left with you can make some pretty awesome meals! In this case, after a work related function, my mom was left with a bunch of roast beef and potatoes, which became this delicious twice baked potato!
Scouring my fridge for complementary ingredients, I found blue cheese and mushrooms, which goes great with both roast beef and potatoes! Combine all of those things together and you have a great side dish or appetizer for your dinner!
Roast Beef, Blue Cheese & Mushroom Twice Baked Potato
- 1 cooked russet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped roast beef leftovers
- 1-2 Tbsp blue cheese
- 3 mushrooms chopped
- 1-2 tbsp green onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a pan on medium heat, add some butter along with your chopped mushrooms, sauteing for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Slice your potato in half, and using a spoon, remove the inside to a bowl.
- Add roast beef, blue cheese, mushrooms, and green onions to the bowl, mixing together and adding salt & pepper to taste.
- Place filling back inside potato skins.
- Bake at 350F for ten minutes, then turn to a broil, cooking until the top is crisped.
Garnish your potato with blue cheese, sour cream, or both and enjoy!