Here is some new news for all your BS’ers out there: I’ve started a new job in Communications in the world of potash! I work out at one of our mine sites, about forty minutes from my house, so the slow cooker has once again been my new favourite cooking appliance. It’s nice to come home to a warm cooked meal as soon as you step in the door and after a long day of work. I found the inspiration from a great Food & Fitness blog that focuses on a lot of healthy recipes. Let’s get to this recipe!
Slow Cooker Pork and Beans
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups dried beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soak your beans in the slow cooker overnight with enough water to cover them.
- In the morning, pour in your chopped onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaves and italian seasoning and stir. Make sure the beans are still covered in water. Add more if the beans aren't completely covered.
- Sear your pork tenderloin until a nice crust develops. Then place into the slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to slow and let cook for 10 hours.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe also freezes fairly well, so another good one to keep on stock for leftovers.