Here is a quick and easy drink recipe slightly adapted from Bon Appetit. Opting for a sweeter drink, I swapped out the salt rimmed glass with a sugar rimmed glass, but please feel free to choose salt or sugar!
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Small plate with sugar
- Grapefruit wedge
- Sprinkle sugar on a small plate, cut grapefruit in half, rubbing outer edge of cocktail glass on grapefruit to wet, rub rim of glass in sugar.
- In your cocktail glass combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and sugar, mixing until sugar dissolves.
- Add tequila, club soda, and ice.
- Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and enjoy!
I really enjoyed this drink and have made it several time since first trying it. Worrying that the tequila might be a little too strong, I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted it. The blend of grapefruit, lime, and sugar blended perfectly with the tequila, making for a very refreshing drink!