In a pot boil the following:
- two whole tomatoes (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock (can also use water)
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 2 sticks of celery (chopped)
- As much carrots as you like
- 1 cup of cooked whole grain wild rice
- As much mushrooms as you like (sliced or quartered)
- Feel free to add in any other random veggies that you see fit
In a sauce pan, cook the following in about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until lightly cooked and colours are enhanced:
- 1/4 of a white onion
- 1 leek
Once the leek and onions are cooked, add to your stock. For your chicken breast, take one whole chicken breast and cube and pan fry with paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Once cooked, add to soup and let simmer for a few more minutes.
This soup is light and fresh tasting. It’s perfect when you’ve got tons of things on the go and want to pack in some veggies.
Enjoy & if you add in any variations be sure to let us know!
(P.S. A sincere and heart felt apology for the extreme lack of posting lately. Bob has been busy with life in a new city and taking on a new job, while I recently completed my first half marathon and am gearing up for my second here in two weeks, along with tackling a new job as well. For those that check back often – thanks so much!!! We love our BS’ers!)