Roughly a week ago my good friend (and uber-ultra-superbly talented photographer), Lauren made this soup during one of our little editing date nights and I just LOVED it! It was light, hearty and full of flavour. I knew I’d have to recreate it. Luckily for me, I already had all of the simple ingredients in my fridge. Let’s get to this great and easy soup!
**Note, this is an add and taste recipe. Feel free to add in more veggies and take out any you don’t like!**
Hearty Beet Soup
- 6-7 cups chicken stock
- 4-5 cups largely diced beets
- 1-2 cups small diced carrots
- 1 cup small diced celery
- 1/4 of a large white onion diced
- 2 tsp salt (add to taste)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper (add to taste)
- 2-3 tsp dehydrated basil
- 2-3 tsp dill
- Lauren also added beans and lentils to her’s for an extra protein kick and some potatoes for bulk!
Start with bringing your chicken stock to a low boil then add in your beets and carrots. Let boil for 5-10 minutes. Add in your onion, celery and spice and continue to boil for another 15-20 minutes.
Add and taste any spices as you see fit. Really the recipe is what you make of it! If you find a home run addition, drop us a comment below and let us know what you did!
Happy fall everyone & thanks to Lauren for sharing her delicious recipe!