A good friend of mine from high school, Brittany, annually hosts a Ladies Martini Night where all of our high school girl friends (plus a few new friends too!) get together for some great food, girlie drinks (featuring martinis and beertinis this year), a sprinkling of gossip, a dash of catching up and a large scoop of laughter! This year also featured a great game of Catch Phrase!
So sit, back, relax and take a peak at some of the photos from the evening & enjoy a few recipes below!
I made a quick & easy shrimp dip served with multi-grain and blue tortilla chips. This is a pretty standard party dish, but is high on the favorite list for many people. Here’s the recipe so you can enjoy as well:
- 1 tub of no-fat sour cream
- 1 bar (8 oz) light cream cheese
- Blended the sour cream and the cream cheese together until smooth. Roughly 3-4 minutes on high with beaters. Once blended, place in your serving dish. This will be your base layer.
- One medium bottle/jar of cocktail sauce
- One can of canned shrimp
- Mix cocktail sauce and shrimp together & spread on top of sour cream/cream cheese mix.
- Shred 1/2 cup-3/4 cup iceberg lettuce and scatter onto of cocktail mixture
- Finely dice 2-3 tomatoes and place on top of lettuce
- 2 tbsp diced chives/green onions of which go onto the tomatoes
- 1-1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese as the topping
This is best served chilled with tortilla chips or your choice of crackers and of course with many friends to share it with!
Brittany’s Sushi (comment below if you want her to share the recipe)
Brittany’s delicious Guac (comment below if you want her to share the recipe)
Brittany’s Sangria (comment below if you want her to share the recipe)
Michelle (ask Murray & Cindy if you want the recipe)
Brittany’s Turkey Buffalo Balls with Blue Cheese Dip (comment below if you want her to share the recipe)
Michelle’s whole wheat variation of BS’ In the Kitchen’s Award Winning Breadsticks
Dom’s awesome Coconut Shrimp. Recipe can be found High/Low Food/Drink’s Blog
Dommer Rommer really getting into the spirit of Martini Night
One of my Pomtini’s (Made with Pom Juice, Raspberry Sour Puss & Vodka shaken over ice & poured)
And the last photo of the bunch… Brittany, our hostess with the mostess! Thank Brittany for having everyone over again – can’t wait til next year! 😀