Sometimes i’m just not in the mood for an epic grilled cheese masterpiece, sometimes I need subtlety, sometimes I need simple, sometimes I need “The Slim”. A tiny, crunchy, cheesy, delicious treat that’s not going to reduce my lifespan.
The goal of this sandwich is not to be slim as in healthy, it’s more about the slimness of the bread. When sliced this way and buttered up, you get this amazing super crunchy exterior, surrounding the melted cheese. Imagine eating a potato chip stuffed with melted cheese (wow that would be awesome), this is my ode to that vision.
"The Slim" Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices french bread sliced very thin
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or the cheese of your choice
- Get a pan on medium heat.
- Butter every side of your bread.
- Place cheese in between each slice.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.