I feel pretty lucky that I have some really great friends. The majority of us met in high school, some of us have even been friends since elementary school, and have been through thick and thin together. I’d say it’s pretty special to have friendships that have lasted so many years! With some of us being married, having busy careers and even a few of us having kids, we don’t get to see each other as much as we used to, but when we do, crying from laughing so much is a guarantee! We’re also all foodie junkies and love to get together for potlucks and drinks. Knowing that there are some spice addicts in our crew and the boys will pretty much eat anything, I knew these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potato Skins would please the crowd!
- 9 large potatoes (baked)
- ⅔ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (Buffalo flavor)
- ⅔ cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 cups chicken (cooked)
- 1-2 tbsp chives
- salt and pepper
- ½-3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
- Heat your oven to 400°F and lightly coat your potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake them for 40-50+ minutes, until a fork can easily be inserted.
- Set the potatoes aside to cool. Once cool, slice the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides until you have a nice little shell.
- Place the potato insides in a large bowl, add in your Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, blue cheese dressing, chicken, chives and salt/pepper. Mash up until well combined.
- Scoop your Buffalo Chicken mix into the potato skins, top with crumbled blue cheese, followed by the cheddar cheese and dress with green onions.
- Bake at 350°F until the cheese is nicely melted.
I also really enjoyed this recipe, because it’s pretty basic and straight forward. Nothing overly complicated, just good simple food – kinda like our crew’s friendship. Thanks to Kevin from Closet Cooking as well for the inspiration behind this recipe. If you have leftover filling you can even turn it into a Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Cheers to great friends & good food!