Okay BS’ers, big news here: I think I may have just discovered the perfect cookie. It’s chewy, perfectly sweet and filled with chocolately goodness!
So let’s not hold out and get straight to this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Mix sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Approx. 2 minutes
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well mixed. This usually take another 2 minutes on high speed
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sift in and blend together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- Blend until equally mixed throughout the dough. Cover the dough and place in the fridge for one hour.
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (use after baking the cookies for 6 mins)
- 2 regular Hershey bars, roughly chopped (use after baking the cookies for 6 mins)
Once the dough has had a chance to chill, take it out of the fridge and roll the dough into medium sized balls – if you have a cookie scoop, use it at this time. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, giving them enough room to spread. Place in oven for 6-7 minutes.
Take out of the oven and gently press in your marshmallows and hershey bar chunks (I did three-four mini marshmallows and 2-4 chunks of hershey bar in each cookie). After making the cookies into mini s’mores, place back into the over for another 2-3 minutes. You also have the option of quickly turning the oven to broil to brown the marshmallows. If you do this, BE CAREFUL! Your cookies can easily burn, or you can be like me and start the parchment paper on fire :S – scary moments in the kitchen my friends! Place the cookies on a cooling rack after they have had a chance to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes. These cookies seem to take a bit extra time to cool off.
And that’s it!! Fairly simple, a bit time consuming. But I can say these owey-goey cookies are well worth it!!! If you have any questions or comments, throw them below.
Peace, Love & Cookies,