Strawberry, balsamic, basil & brie grilled cheese…Now that’s a mouthful! Literally!
Okay, i’ll be honest…I enjoyed this grilled cheese waaay more than I thought I would! I knew it would be good, but since i’m not usually the sweet, savoury type, I didn’t think it would be my favourite, but man was it good! Strawberry and reduced balsamic vinegar is already a great duo, now add brie and basil, and you have yourself one amazing grilled cheese! Sweet strawberries and reduced balsamic, savoury creamy brie cheese, with a fresh peppery bite of basil. Mmmmmmmmm.
Go eat this now!
- 2 slices of french bread
- 2 tsp reduced balsamic vinegar
- 1 large strawberry
- 2-3 basil leaves (chopped)
- 4-5 slices of brie cheese
- dash of salt
- Get a pan on medium heat.
- Butter outside of each slice of bread.
- Spread a teaspoon of reduced balsamic vinegar on each slice of bread.
- If you only have regular balsamic, google “how to reduce balsamic vinegar”.
- Place basil and a couple slices of brie on the bottom slice.
- Place sliced strawberries with a dash of salt on top of the brie.
- Add more brie on top of strawberries.
- Place top slice of bread.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.