On another recent adventure with the loveable douchebag, I made some velvety smooth cupcakes with the *ahem* better half of Team BrittSchmidt. These Black Forest Cupcakes are the cheater version – but hey, if you’re in a bit of a hurry or just generally lazy, these are a great option.
So in true BS’ fashion, let’s get to the recipe:
- Make a box of Chocolate Cake mix using Saucy Sprinkle’s recipe.
- Fill the bottom of the muffin tin with mini marshmallows
- Place the cake batter 2/3 full in the tin
- Add a dollop of cherry pie filling (we used E.D. Smith) on top of the cake batter
- Place in a 350° F oven for 22-25 minutes
- Take out, let cool & frost with our double chocolate buttercream icing (recipe below)
Icing Recipe for Double Chocolate Buttercream Icing
- 1 block of unsalted butter
- 3-4 cups of icing sugar (until it’s your desired consistency)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 blocked of chopped Bakers Sweet Chocolate
- 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder (we used an Organic Chocolate from Cocoa West Chocolatier in Bowen Island, British Columbia & it’s amazing – a nice, light but rich cocoa flavour)
- We also decorated the cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles – but feel free to top with a cherry if they are in season!
Peace, love & cupcakes,
I really like black forest, but i hate when it’s overloaded with cream. These look so lovely!
ahahaha, are those in the snow? I love Canada. Can’t wait until our next baking adventure!!