Blood oranges are in season!! Every year when the time comes, I make sure to pick up some of these amazing looking oranges. This year being no exception, I got myself a bag, unsure of what I might do with them, but knowing they needed to find their way on the blog somehow (they are too awesome looking not to be featured!). Given that I had a bunch of mint leftover from the Radish Raita I made, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for mojitos! Not only would they taste great in this delicious cocktail, I knew it would be a great opportunity to show off how great these things look!
Blood Orange Mojito
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime
- 1 blood orange
- 1-2 tbsp sugar to taste
- 1-2 ounce white rum to taste
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Cut blood orange in half, cut off one slice to save for garnish, using the rest for juice.
- In a cocktail mixer, add mint leaves, sugar, and juice of half a lime. Muddle several times to release flavour from mint leaves.
- Add juice from blood orange, rum, crushed ice and finish with soda.
- Garnish with wedge from blood orange and a mint leaf.
Totally making these this weekend, I got some blood oranges this week too!
Let us know what you think!