Well I think by the fact alone that I had to ask my brother to get the new password really goes to show how long I’ve been away from the blog! Yeesh! I can’t even think about the last time I’ve done a post, but I’m back and hopefully will post one or two more over the holidays. But like this post, things have been nuts lately between work, photography, life and with pulling days that start at 4:30 am and don’t wrap til 11:30pm, food, cooking and the blog has gotten the serious shaft. But enough talking, let’s get to this recipe: Candied Nuts! This is a great and extremely veristle recipe. Eat the nuts as a snack, as a dessert or a topping to a salad. However you eat it, these perfectly matched sweet and savoury nuts will be sure to please your palette!
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 3.5 - 5 cups mixed nuts I used pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts and cashews
- Preheat your oven to 300°F
- Beat the egg white until it becomes light and frothy
- Add in your sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla and mix until a nice paste develops
- Scoop in your nuts and mix until well coated and spread onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
Thanks to my friend Jessica for introducing me to this recipe! She makes a mean mixed greens salad with green apples and an apple cider vinegarette and goat cheese with these nuts. So yum!
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you take the time to relax in the warmth of family and friends,