Many BS’ers know I’m a HUGE fan of soup. This pumpkin soup is a great way to enjoy fall and pumpkins!
So for those of you who aren’t “hey just wing it” type of recipe people, you may not enjoy this recipe, but I will try to be as accurate as possible. However, I still encourage frequent tasting throughout this soup.
- 3/4 of medium pumpkin (peeled, cubed, roasted) – roughly 6-8 cups
- 5 cups of chicken stock (I boiled a carcass of a small chicken in 5-7 cups water with a bit of salt)
- 1/4 white onion (finely diced)
- 1 gala apple (cubed and roasted)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp freshly, finely chopped rosemary
First by roasting your apple and pumpkin (which has been lightly coated in extra virgin olive oil) in a 400ºF oven until nicely roasted. Boil our chicken, onion and salt in water to create your stock. Combine the roasted apple and pumpkin to the stock and boil until the apple and pumpkin are soft. Using a submersion blender, blend until smooth.
Add your cream, spices and sugars and turn down the soup to a low simmer. Taste and add spices until you find your perfect blend!
Happy Pumpkin Eating,