It seems like birthday baking is a popular theme here lately on BS’ in the Kitchen, not too long ago we made the Pink Ombre Rose Cake and now we bring you some rich, fudgey, chocolately cupcakes inspired by Fudgee-O cookies! The good man who received these cupcakes loves chocolate chip cookies, among a few other things, but when I found out that he also loves Fudgee-O cookies, I knew a Fudgee-O Cookie Cupcake would have to make an appearance for his birthday! And to my surprise, it looks like there aren’t too many Fudgee-O cupcake recipes out there in the food blogger world, so I really hope you all enjoy this recipe, so let’s get to it!
- 1 box of Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F
- Mix together the above ingredients and mix until the cake batter is smooth and free of lumps. Pour the batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the center of the cupcakes. Set aside to completely cool before filling and icing.
- While cupcakes bake, make your filling and icing (recipes below).
Fudgee-O Cupcake Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 17 crushed Fudgee-O’s cookies (I used the double stuffed for these)
Fudgee-O Rich Fudge Chocolate Frosting
- 2 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Mexican vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Wilton Butter flavoring (see below)
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Fleur De Salt