I was inspired to make these after a recent trip to Disney World – they were just too cute not to recreate!
Surprisingly, these are very easy to make:
- Start with melting semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave, add in black food coloring and a bit of butter if you’d like
- Poke a candy stick into the middle of an apple
- Dip the apple into the chocolate and set chocolate covered apple on a cookie sheet that has been covered with wax paper
- Place the chocolate covered apples in the freezer to allow the chocolate to set
- Using the remaining chocolate, cover large marshmallows then place on the apples while they are still in the freezer. You may need to hold the marshmallows in place for a bit until the chocolate starts to set.
- Melt some red chocolate (I used Wilton’s Candy Melts from Michael’s) and dip the bottom half on the chocolate coated apples into the red chocolate. Place back on the wax paper cookie sheet and put back into the freezer for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set. I also drew little bows for Minnie on the wax paper at this time.
- Quickly whip up a small batch of thick icing – one small part white for Minnie and one yellow for Mickey
- Using the white, place the polka dots on Minnie’s skirt and bow.
- Using the yellow, place on Mickey’s buttons
See not that hard at all!! Enjoy the magic of Disney at home!
More photos can be found on my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157625065643515/
Super creative! It’s sooooo sweet! My daughter loves Mickey this would be an awesome treat for a party! Thanks for sharing!!!
meaghan (the decorated cookie)
I love these! Fantastic. I posted a link at my other site (ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com).