As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I had become intrigued by the idea of “One Pot Pasta” after watching an episode of Bon Appetempt, so here it is! I tossed this recipe together with what I had on hand, hoped for the best and was rewarded with a delicious dinner! I’m not a fan of heavily sauced pasta dishes, especially now that we finally have some nice weather in Saskatoon, so this hit the spot perfectly! A light, fresh pasta dish that doesn’t leave you feeling like you just ate a brick!
One Pot Spinach & Turkey Meatball Pasta
- 5 turkey meatballs or just ground turkey, red onion, bacon & garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 to mato chopped
- 100 g 1 serving of uncooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups of water or broth
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Once pan is heated, add meatballs, cooking about 5 minutes allowing them to brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and spinach, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add in pasta and water (or broth if you wish).
- Once water reaches a boil, turn heat to low and simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes or until water reduces to form a light sauce. You could also add a splash of cream, or sour cream to the dish if you prefer a creamier sauce!
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with plenty of parmesan!
If you want to make these with meatballs like I did here, just checkout the previous post for Turkey Meatballs. Alternatively, you can skip the meatballs and just take ground turkey, spinach, red onion, and garlic, toss them in the pan and go from there!
Has anybody else tried one pot pasta? If you have, share the recipe in the comments!