Here is a recipe I created the same day I made the delicious Smoked Salmon Bagel Grilled Cheese. Given that I wanted to keep things grilled cheese focused during April, I have kept from posting it until now! Although for anybody following me on Instagram, you might remember seeing it!
As I have previously mentioned, I’m not crazy about smoked salmon, often finding it far too pungent, but it’s a whole different story here! Well balanced with a number of other ingredients, namely fresh dill, capers and sour cream, the smoked salmon enters into a beautiful union of flavours!
Smoked Salmon Potato Salad
- 3 baby potatoes or 1 regular sized potato
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 slices of red onion chopped
- 2-3 tbsp shredded smoked salmon
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until soft enough to pierce them with a fork. Alternatively, you can pierce holes in the potato with a fork, and cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow potato to cool, and cut into small pieces.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, mix together and add salt & pepper to taste.
This is a relatively simple recipe, and if you really dislike smoked salmon, or just can’t find it at your grocery store, it would be a great potato salad without it! Of course, if you were looking to sub another meat in place of the smoked salmon, i’m sure our good friend bacon would fit right in!