Sorry for being a bit absent on the blog lately and an even bigger thanks to Bob for carrying things along and posting some really delicious recipes. Last night I was pretty hungry and after avoiding groceries for the past three weeks, the only thing I really had in my fridge was celery… yup you heard me… boring ol’ celery. So I chopped a bunch up and just started creating and this is what I came up with. It was a great little soup that would best be served as a side soup or an appetizer to a great sandwich (perhaps one of Bob’s fabulous grilled cheeses). Let’s continue to the recipe.buy provigil no prescription
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 white onion chopped
- ¼ cup butter or olive oil
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup red lentils (dry)
- ¼ tsp celery seeds or salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or rice, or one small potato)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, melt your butter or oil then add in your chopped celery and onion. Let simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until they become tender.
- Add the water, red lentils, celery seeds, garlic powder, salt and pepper and let cook for another 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once the lentils have fully cooked, add in your quinoa and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Using a emulsion blender, blend all ingredients together until a smooth soup forms.
- Serve in small bowls & enjoy
Hope everyone enjoys this simple and easy soup. Don’t hesitate to play around with the flavours a bit and add in any spices that your palette is craving. This soup is also pretty filling thanks to the lentils and quinoa for the added protein punch.tramadol for sale