Being new to collard greens, I am quite the fan, the large, hearty leaves make a great vegetable side dish, or a great vehicle for other ingredients! Although I kind of failed at this being a healthy recipe (see: bacon & cheese), using a collard green as a wrap instead of your typical tortilla style wrap, is a great low carb alternative! Of course if you want deprive yourself, you can take out the bacon and cheese, making it uber healthy! I say spoil yourself though, put the good stuff in!
Collard Green Scrambled Egg Wrap
Switch up your scrambled egg wrap by using collard greens!
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 collard green leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 slice of red onion
- 3 cherry tomatoes chopped
- Handful of chopped green onion
- Salt & pepper
- Place bacon in a pan, turn to medium heat, flip bacon once first side is browned, add red onion to the pan, continue cooking until desired crispness, remove bacon and onion, placing bacon on paper towel.
- In the same pan lay your collard green leafs one over the other, cooking covered for about 5-10 minutes until tender. Remove to plate once done.
- In a bowl, scramble eggs, add tomatoes, green onions, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Add butter to pan if needed, cook eggs to your liking.
- On top of collard greens, add bacon, cheese, onions, and eggs. Fold collard greens over top egg mixture, rolling until leaves overlap one another, allowing them to stick to one another.
A great alternative for breakfast if you’re looking to get more veggies and cut down on carbs!
[…] Try a collard green wrap! They are big with paleo dieters now. Collard Wraps & Satay Style Dipping Sauce – The Healthy Foodie Collard Green Scrambled Egg Wrap | BS' in the Kitchen […]