Inspired by a similar drink at a local Saskatoon restaurant/lounge called The Rook & Raven, I decided to try and make my own version! Cucumber and basil in a cocktail may seem like a strange combo to some, but I assure you it is delicious and very refreshing! Especially with gin! I even decided to do a short recipe video for it, I hope you guys enjoy it!
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 basil leaves
- ½ tbsp sugar (or ½ tbsp of simple syrup)
- 1 ounce gin
- lime juice (to taste)
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ cup tonic water
- Roll two basil leaves together, slicing them into smaller pieces.
- Add sugar (or simple syrup) to glass, along with 1 ounce of gin, stirring until dissolved.
- Add two cucumber slices and two sliced basil leaves, muddle 5-10 times.
- Add lime juice to taste (I used about a teaspoon).
- Add ½ cup crushed ice and ½ cup tonic water.
- Make a cut halfway through your last cucumber slice, placing it in the rim of the glass along with a basil leaf for garnish.
Doesn’t it just look refreshing!? Try it out and let me know what you think, and how you liked the video!