Baked eggs have been on my food bucket list for quite some time now, although I don’t actually have a food bucket list (it’s more just a mental list). Maybe I should start one and share it with you guys? We can eat our way through it together! Now i’m on to something…
Anyways! Where was I? Baked Eggs.
I received an email from the Egg Farmers of Canada asking if I was interested in trying out this recipe they are promoting for Mother’s Day, and in turn I would receive this package, along with an extra to give away to one of you guys!
Given that I don’t own a muffin pan (I borrowed the one in this post), I love eggs (who doesn’t?), and I have been wanting to try a baked egg recipe, it made perfect sense to say yes! So here we are, baked eggs and a giveaway (Canada only)!
This really was a great recipe. Super simple, customizable, and most importantly delicious! I will definitely make these baked egg cups again if I have to serve breakfast/brunch to more than 3 people, way easier than frying everything up! You just put it all together beforehand, pop it in the oven for a bit and voila! Delicious eggs. Check out the recipe below, and this great recipe video they put together here:
Baked Egg Cups + GIVEAWAY
- 6 slices of ham
- 18 baby spinach leaves
- 6 tsp crumbled goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 6 tsp milk
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray bottoms and sides of a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line inside of each muffin cup with ham.
- Place three spinach leaves over ham, then 1 teaspoon of goat cheese over spinach.
- Carefully crack an egg over top.
- Spoon 1 tsp of milk over each yolk.
- Sprinkle chives and pepper over top.
- Bake until whites are set, about 18-20 minutes.
- Run knife around inside of each muffin cup, then remove.
Do you guys have any special meals planned for Mother’s Day? I’m cooking the amazing Porchetta recipe I posted the other day! Enter the giveaway below!