Inspired by a similar drink at a local Saskatoon restaurant/lounge called The Rook & Raven, I decided to try and make my own version! Cucumber and basil in a cocktail may seem like a strange combo to some, but I assure you it is delicious and very refreshing! Especially with gin! I even decided to do a short recipe video for it, I hope you guys enjoy it!
The GBC (Gin, Basil, Cumber)
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 basil leaves
- 1/2 tbsp sugar or 1/2 tbsp of simple syrup
- 1 ounce gin
- lime juice to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup tonic water
- Roll two basil leaves together, slicing them into smaller pieces.
- Add sugar (or simple syrup) to glass, along with 1 ounce of gin, stirring until dissolved.
- Add two cucumber slices and two sliced basil leaves, muddle 5-10 times.
- Add lime juice to taste (I used about a teaspoon).
- Add 1/2 cup crushed ice and 1/2 cup tonic water.
- Make a cut halfway through your last cucumber slice, placing it in the rim of the glass along with a basil leaf for garnish.
Doesn’t it just look refreshing!? Try it out and let me know what you think, and how you liked the video!
I made a cucumber infused gin that was just fantastic. I have all the stuff for this, I’ll have to try it!
Carla @ Gluten Free Recipe Box
I’m not a gin type of girl, but that looks so refreshing, especially with the weather we’ve been experiencing in the 90s. To top it off, it doesn’t contain citrus which I am allergic to. Thanks for sharing! I’ll probably sub another alcohol, though.