As part of my recipe testing for the Meat & Bread Porchetta that i’m planning on making in the near future, I needed to try out an Italian Salsa Verde. Instead of following the salsa verde on I am a Food Blog, I decided to go with a more traditional version and slightly modified a recipe from Bon Appetit.
Italian Salsa Verde
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup packed chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 tsp anchovy paste
- Combine all ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor.
- Process until mixed and finely chopped.
- Add olive oil, process until mixed.
- Taste, add more salt,pepper or lemon juice if desired.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.
If you’re serving this for one or two, I would recommend cutting the recipe in half, as a small amount of sauce goes a long way due to its intense flavour!
Along with drizzling it on the pork loin, this Salsa Verde was great served with bread, and given it’s bright lemon flavour, it would go really well with fish (walleye, sole, halibut, fish tacos).
Stay tuned for some other recipes utilizing Salsa Verde!
I made this last night with the herb rubbed pork loin, it was amazing!! this is by far my favorite salsa verde recipe! I let the pork sit over night with the rub on and the combo was so delicious:) thank you
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Kerry!