Nothing says fall like Pumpkin Spice Lattes, am I right!?
Truth be told, I’m not really a fan of the syrupy excuse of a latte they serve at Starbucks, so what is one to do when that’s the case?
Make your own damn pumpkin spice latte!
Yeah that’s right.
Stick it to the man, skip the line of vibrating caffeine zombies at Starbucks, and whip up your own delicious version. Not only do you know what ingredients are in it, it’s WAY cheaper, and won’t taste like syrup.
Before getting into this recipe, make some pumpkin pie spice, the spiced pumpkin mix, and you’re ready to go!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 tbsp spiced pumpkin mix
- 1 cups milk 2% or whole
- 1-2 shots espresso or 1/2 cup strong coffee
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat, add your spiced pumpkin mix, cooking for about 2 minutes, until sugars have dissolved, and mix turns into a thick syrup like mixture.
- Add in milk, just bringing it to a slight boil, then reducing heat, and allowing it to simmer for about 2 minutes, while whisking to combine milk and pumpkin.
- Once heated, using an immersion blender, milk frother, or blender, and process until milk gets frothy.
- Pour your espresso or coffee in to a mug, followed by the pumpkin spiced milk.
- If desired top with whipped cream, and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
I should go a little easier on those devoted Starbucks customers, seeing as my girlfriend, Shannon, just showed up accompanied by a Grande Chai Latte as I’m writing this…She did hand model this delicious beverage for me, so I guess I should be nice…
Anyways, give this a go and see if it compares. I think it’s delicious!
What is “spiced pumpkin mix” please? I will definitely make this. Sounds tasty and easy!