I believe this sandwich could be a turning point in my life, marking the start of an exciting new relationship with mustard and pickles. I have never been a huge fan of mustard, and hesitated to put a bunch on this sandwich, but I did it anyways, and am sure glad I did! The mix of mustard and pickle, with the Swiss cheese, and all the hearty meat was so great!
I know this recipe isn’t much different than an actual Cuban sandwich, so to rocket it into grilled cheese territory I loaded it up with Swiss cheese! Cheese on the bottom, cheese in the middle and cheese on top! Gluing all those wonderful ingredients together into a beautiful, beeautiful sandwich! Praise Cuba!!
- 2 slices cuban, french, or italian bread
- ⅔ cup (packed) grated swiss cheese
- yellow mustard
- roasted pork
- olive oil
- Get a pan on medium heat.
- Slice your bread.
- Spread a generous amount of mustard on each slice, along with some mayo on the bottom slice.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese.
- Place a layer of ham.
- Sprinkle some more cheese.
- Place a layer of roast pork.
- Place sliced pickles.
- Sprinkle the rest of your cheese.
- Place top slice.
- Spread olive oil either in your pan, or brush it on the outside of the sandwich.
- Grill sandwich until golden brown and cheese is melted (cover pan with lid to help cheese melt).