Do you ever have those days where your meals are strictly determined by the fear of expired meat? Well, today was one of those days. In fact, today was a day I ate in fear of expired everything.
Inspired by expired we’ll say!
A pack of bacon, many yogurts, lattes with that ticking time bomb of milk in my fridge, and delicious steaks to finish off this exhilarating day living on the edge of expiration!
Of course, all this talk of expiry doesn’t mean your meals have to suck! I ate like a king today, and this meal was the pinnacle! Beautiful well marbled steak, topped with a crumble of blue cheese and bacon, all topped of with grilled onion! If you have never had blue cheese with your steak, you haven’t lived!! Seriously, it’s amazing and you must make this!
Bacon & Blue Cheese Steak
- 1 sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp real bacon bits
- 1 slice of red onion
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Remove steak from the fridge, rub with olive oil and season generously with salt & pepper. Allow steak to rest at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
- While your steak is resting, if you don't have cooked bacon, fry up a couple of slices in a pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix your bacon bits and blue cheese together.
- Lightly brush your onion with olive oil.
- When your steak is almost done resting, heat your barbecue to medium-high heat.
- After heating for about ten minutes, place your steak on the grill, along with the slice of red onion.
- Cook steak and red onion for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until your desired doneness.
- In the last couple of minutes, place some of the blue cheese and bacon crumble on top of the steak, allowing it to melt slightly.
- Remove from barbecue, allow to rest for 10 minutes, and serve with the rest of your blue cheese and bacon crumble!
This steak is really easy to make and extremely delicious! What makes it even better, is the fact that I made two, so I have leftovers for tomorrow!! WOO WOO!
Until next time,
Heather @ French Press
Oh MY! My favorite way to eat a steak! YUMMO
Kevin @ Closet Cooking
Now this is how steak is done!
You got that right Kevin!