Yesterday I posted a simple Roasted Cauliflower recipe, and today I am following it up with this delicious roasted cauliflower mash! Given how impressed I was with the flavour of the roasted cauliflower, I was even more impressed with these faux mashed potatoes! They were awesome!
Along with cauliflower, I added sauteed mushrooms, and a side of gravy (although these things definitely did not need gravy!). While the texture isn’t quite the same as mashed potatoes, as a side dish, this is an amazing replacement if you’re looking to cut down on carbs and get more veggies in your diet.
Roasted Cauliflower Mash (a.k.a Faux Mashed Potatoes)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- 1-2 handfuls sliced mushroom
- 1-2 tbsp of butter
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut cauliflower into pieces and rinse with water, pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower pieces with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Place on non-stick baking sheet, and roast in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Once cauliflower has started to brown a bit, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and set the oven to broil for a couple of minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, in a pan on medium heat, saute mushrooms in butter.
- When cauliflower is finished, along with your mushrooms, place in food processor, or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth, adding milk to add creaminess if desired.
- Serve with homemade gravy, or instant gravy (I took the easy route...)
And there you have it folks! Guilt free comfort food!