Well folks, we have a top contender for grilled cheese of the month…. But really is it fair for this three cheese, meat tomato, etc, etc, combo to be going up against featherweights like “The Slim”?? Maybe not, but WHO CARES!! This was one MEGA DELICIOUS grilled cheese! It’s like having lasagna, without actually having to do all that boiling, frying, stacking and baking (not to mention waiting!). This right here, is a beautiful thing. Ladies and Gentleman, I unveil the Lasagna Grilled Cheese!
We start with a delicious meat sauce, with browned ground beef, slightly crunchy celery and carrots, onion, oregano, garlic, pulled together with a tomato paste and finished with zip of wine. Surround this with parmesan cheese, ricotta, AND mozzarella cheese for the melty, stretchy, goodness! I don’t think I need to convince you to eat this one!
The Lasagna Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices french bread
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup ground beef
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1/4 carrot
- 1/2 to mato
- 1 slice of onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- oregano to taste
- splash of red wine
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- In a pan on medium heat, add a splash of olive oil.
- While pan is heating, chop all of your vegetables, add to pan once heated.
- After sweating the vegetables (onions will be turning translucent), add ground beef and minced garlic, mixing with vegetables, then leave undisturbed for 2-3 minutes to brown.
- Once the meat begins browning, add tomato paste, oregano and salt & pepper to taste, and a splash of red wine.
- Sprinkle in parmesan cheese, adjust spice to taste, continue to cook until ground beef is done.
- Butter the outside of both slices of bread.
- Spread a tablespoon of ricotta on each slice of bread.
- Place half of the meat mixture onto the bottom slice, then place your mozzarella cheese, and the other half of the meat.
- Top with other slice of bread.
- Fry in your pan until golden brown on each side (cover with lid to help melt cheese).